This Policy applies to our customers or contributors (businesses), subscribers (members), agents, vendors, suppliers, partners (such as merchant partners), contractors and service providers (collectively “you”, “your” or “yours”).
Who are we
Quantum Leap is on a mission to empower every person and every businesses on the planet to be more productive and more efficient through our digitalised solution of cloud-based Queue Management System and Appointment Booking System.
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” is any information, which can be used to identify you or from which, you are identifiable. This includes but is not limited to your name, nationality, telephone number, bank as well as credit card details, personal interests, e-mail address, your uploaded image, government-issued identification numbers, bio-metric data, race, date of birth, marital status, religion, health information, and home or office address.
Do note that any information about you which, you have provided to us through registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and/or processed by us, from time to time may include sensitive personal data that is to optimize your experience using our service. If you are our business associate, we may also collect telematics data and device data (such as IMEI number and the specifications of respective devices) to further improve the reliability of using our services in your establishments. We collect “Personal Data” about you in the ways listed below. We may also combine the collected “Personal Data” with other “Personal Data” in our possession.
You provide your Personal Data to us
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s I.P. address as well as browser user agent’s strings to help combat spam detection.
After approval of your upload to our servers, your profile picture or cover photo are visible to the public in the context of your user profile page view and comments. It is to be known that we collect your “Personal Data” only when you voluntarily provide it to us. For example, you may provide your “Personal Data” to us when you:
- Fill up a user profile or registration forms;
- Provide information to assess your eligibility to provide services as a contributor or business on our site;
- Interact with our social media pages;
- Participate in contests or events organised by us;
- Use biometric features to identify yourself (mobile devices use only); and
- Fill up demographic information in surveys.
When our services are used
“Personal Data” may be collected through the normal operation of our “Apps”, “Websites” and “Services”. Some examples are:
- Your location (to assist and guide our members to the business establishment through the use of Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze or Sygic Maps navigation);
- Feedbacks, ratings, testimonials and compliments;
- Transaction information (such as payment methods and distance as well as traffic data from user’s current location to the location of the business establishment of your choice);
- Information about how you interacted with our “Apps”, “Websites” or “Services” (such as features used and content viewed);
- Device information (such as hardware model, serial number, I.P. address, file names, version variations and advertising identifiers); and
- “Personal Data” you enter in messages when you use our in-app communication features.
From other sources
When we collect “Personal Data” from other sources, we make sure that the data is transferred to us in accordance with applicable laws. Such sources include:
- Referral programmes;
- Our business partners such as payment providers and trusted merchants;
- Insurance and financial providers;
- Publicly available data;
- Governmental sources of data;
- When our users add you as an emergency contact; and
- Marketing services providers or partners.
Personal Data telematics
If you are a member or subscriber, we may collect:
- Telematics data (such as your speed, acceleration and braking data); and
- Device data (such as accelerometer data and GPS location).
Personal Data of minors
When you provide Personal Data of other individuals to us
Media uploads to our servers
If you upload images to the website or mobile application, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors with bad intentions to the website or mobile application may download and extract any location data from images on the website with proper tooling.
Embedded content from other websites
Use of Personal Data
Quantum Leap may use, combine and process your “Personal Data” for the following purposes (“Purposes).
Providing services and features
Your “Personal Data” will be used to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using your “Personal Data” to:
- Provide you with “Services” across our various business verticals;
- Engage you to provide “Services”;
- Create, administer and update your member or business accounts;
- Verify your identity;
- Validate your business and process payments;
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions;
- Track the progress of your trip to the establishment and detect abnormal trip variations;
- Enable features that personalise your “App”, such as lists of your favourite places and previous destinations;
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our “Services”, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, conducting data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analysing usage as well as activity trends;
- Protect the security or integrity of the “Services” and any facilities or equipments used to make the “Services” available;
- Process and manage your rewards;
- Enable communications between members and businesses;
- Process, manage or verify your application for subscription with Quantum Leap and to provide you with subscribers’ benefits; and
- Enable our partners to manage and allocate their establishment resources.
Safety and security
We use your data to ensure the safety and security of our “Services” and of course, our beloved users. This includes:
- Screening businesses and merchant partners before enabling their use of our “Services”;
- Identifying legitimate user behavior (frequency and occurrence of cancellations of queue numbers and/or bookings) and providing personalised feedback to businesses;
- Verifying your identity when you log in to Quantum Leap;
- Using device, location, profile, usage and other “Personal Data” to prevent, detect and combat fraud or unsafe activities;
- May share members’ location and details when queue number or appointments are activated;
- Monitoring compliance with our terms and conditions, policies and users’ code of conduct; and
- Detecting, preventing and prosecuting crime under our watch.
We use “Personal Data” to resolve customer support issues. For example, we may:
- Investigate and address concerns;
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses;
- Respond to questions, comments and feedback; and
- Inform you about steps taken to resolve customer support issues.
Research and development as well as security
We may use the “Personal Data” we collect for testing, research, analysis and perform products development. This allows us to understand and analyse your needs and preferences, protect your “Personal Data”, improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features, products and services, and facilitate insurance as well as finance solutions.
We may use the “Personal Data” we collect to investigate and resolve claims or disputes, or as allowed or required by applicable law. We may also use your “Personal Data” when we are required, advised, recommended, expected or requested to do so by our legal advisors or any local or foreign legal, regulatory, governmental or other authorities. We may also use your “Personal Data” in connection with mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sale of company assets, consolidation, restructuring, financing, business asset transactions, or acquisition of all or part of our business by another company. For example, we may use your “Personal Data” to:
- Comply with court orders or other legal, governmental or regulatory requirements;
- Enforce our “Terms of Service” or other agreements; and
- Protect our rights or property in the event of a claim or dispute.
Marketing and promotions
We may use your “Personal Data” to market Quantum Leap and Quantum Leap’s partners’ sponsors and advertisers’ products, services, events or promotions. We may communicate such marketing to you by post, telephone calls, short messaging service, online messaging service, push notification either by hardware or by e-mail. If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your “Personal Data” for marketing and promotions, please click on the unsubscribe link in the relevant e-mail or message. Alternatively, you may also update your preferences in our “Apps” settings. For example, we may:
- Send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings; and
- Notify, invite and manage your participation in our events or activities.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We need to share “Personal Data” with various parties for specific “Purposes”. These parties include:
For example, if you are a member, we may share your users profile page to other users, who wish to spectate the posts, comments, testimonials, ratings that are made by you and but not limited to your username, e-mail address, location, profile description, profile photo, date of birth and gender.
For example, we may share your location, first name, last name, specifications (description of visit), history of past visits, profile photo, comments, ratings and but not limited to testimonials to businesses that will enhance your in-house experience for when you visit the respective establishment of your choice.
With Quantum Leap partners at your request
For example, if you have requested a service through a Quantum Leap partner or used a promotion provided by a Quantum Leap partner, Quantum Leap may share your “Personal Data” with that Quantum Leap partners. Our partners include partners that integrate with our “App” or our “App” integrates with, or business partners which, Quantum Leap collaborate with to deliver a promotion, competition or other specialised service.
With subsidiaries and affiliates
We share “Personal Data” with our subsidiaries, associated companies, jointly controlled entities and affiliates.
With Quantum Leap’s service providers and business partners
We may provide “Personal Data” to our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This includes:
- Payment processors and facilitators;
- Background check and anti-money laundering service providers;
- Cloud storage providers;
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers;
- Data analytics providers;
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Quantum Leap or on Quantum Leap’s behalf;
- Business and merchant partners;
- Insurance and financing partners; and
- Vendors or third-party suppliers.
With our legal advisors and governmental authorities
We may share your “Personal Data” with our legal advisors, law enforcement officials, government authorities and other third parties.
Retention of Personal Data
International transfers of Personal Data
Your “Personal Data” may be transferred from country, state and city (“Home Country”), in which you are present while using our services to another country, state and city (“Alternate Country”). You understand and consent to the transfer of your “Personal Data” from your Home Country to the Alternate Country when requested.
We may use your “Personal Data” to perform analytics that will further enhance, and optimise your experiences of using our “Products” and “Services”.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this “Site” and/or “Apps”, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the “Personal Data” we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any “Personal Data” we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you leave a comment on our “Website” or mobile “Application”, you may opt-in to saving your name, e-mail address and website in cookies for improved user experience. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no “Personal Data” and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or acquire queue number or appointment bookings, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no “Personal Data” and simply indicates the post ID of the booking form you just acquired. It expires after 1 day.
If you do not wish for your “Personal Data” to be collected via “Cookies” on the “Websites”, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser. You may also be able to limit our sharing of some of this “Personal Data” through your mobile device settings.
Amendments and updates
Quantum Leap Data Protection Officer
c/o Quantum Leap Automation Sdn. Bhd.
Malaysian Global Innovation and Creativity Centre (MaGIC),
Block 3730, Persiaran APEC,
63000, Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
E-mail: [email protected].